By : Juhi Bansal
It was one of those days. You know when nothing seems to be going right. And you just can’t to seem to put a finger on the possible reason for your melancholy mood.
Work’s been crazy, things have been unexpectedly unmanageable (or as K keeps saying- You’re putting too much on your plate!). CB app, Iy, the blog, maid on leave and K’s travels! Phew! I’ve been living the saying- when it rains, it pours!
So, how do you cope with a gloomy mood? Sometimes, you just need to shut everything out and just concentrate on yourself. No amount of spas or shopping trips or wallowing in self pity can do what the below manages to do for me. This is how I deal with a bad mood:
- Go to my favourite cafe, order some comfort food and coffee and just read a book….in solace…no company whatsoever.
- Go for a run– take my favourite music along.
- Go off social media completely (albeit for a few hours). Yes this helps! So that means no FB, Insta, Twitter and even Whatsapp.
- Make a checklist. A list of what possibly needs changing in my life-could be how I do things, how much time I spend on non-essential stuff or somethings that need by attention stat.
- Eat healthy. I know the sugar high a sinful dessert brings is bound to make one happy but my experience says that happiness is very short lived. However, losing even a couple of hundred grams on the scale can go a long way in lifting your mood up 🙂
PS: Don’t forget healthy eating is a lifestyle change and not a short term project. For more on this read: it’s a lose lose yet a win win
We tend to forget ourselves in the rigmarole of famiily, work and home. Just sitting back and taking some time off helps. It doesnt need to be a week or a whole day, just a couple of hours and you will be surprised how quickly it brightens your day and brings a smile to your face 🙂
Last week, I dressed up in all black- something I haven’t done in ages. The red lisptick however, brings the much needed respite to the monochromatic look. 🙂
How do you deal with your mood swings? Write back and share some wisdom 🙂
Bodysuit: c/o Stalk Buy Love
Box Pleated Skirt: H & M
Sling: Charles & Keith
Necklace: Forever 21
Heels: Charles & Keith
Pics: Hemal Shah (Team CB)
Lipstick: Colorbar Sensuous Red 001
Lipliner: Colorbar Rosy Red 002
Eye Liner: c/o Plum Goodness- NaturStudio All-Day-Wear Kohl Kajal. India’s 1st 100% smudge-proof 12 hour stay gel-based 2-in-1 kajal cum liner. Brilliant black in a single swipe & ‘just- applied’ gel-liner-like look all day long. 100% preservative-free & vegan kajal